Canadian Immigration Lawyer
Our Toronto office and team of US and Canadian immigration professionals are growing, and we are now looking for lateral-move candidates to fill a Canadian Immigration Lawyer position in our downtown Toronto office.
The position, which has significant growth potential within our organization, requires admission to Ontario provincial bar, a small-medium transferable book of business, and 3 or more years of Canadian immigration legal experience with applications for work permits (Intra-company transfer, NAFTA, FTA, Reciprocity, Significant Benefit, LMIA), business visitor entry, visitor visas, study permits, and temporary resident; and permanent residence applications, including Express Entry, PNPs and Family Sponsorship, as well as citizenship applications (grants and proof). Furthermore, the most important requirement is that the candidate be a team player with enthusiasm for a new challenge.
- Report to the firm’s Director, Immigration Law and serve as the Canadian immigration legal expert for the firm’s legal teams, including serving as the technical escalation point for client matters and transferring technical knowledge to team members;
- Advise clientele on a broad range of Canadian immigration issues, including strategic planning and related cross border legal services;
- Manage the varied volume of temporary and permanent residence applications for corporate and individual clients, including defining case strategy and preparing, submitting, and monitoring applications post-submission;
- Advise clients on COVID-19 related travel restrictions and quarantine requirements, and prepare applications for applicable exemptions (including for specialized technicians, essential workers and national interest exemptions);
- Ensure all client correspondence is addressed in an effective and timely manner;
- Research and stay informed on all relevant legal and procedural requirements and new developments;
- Assist firm’s management team in building and expanding the firm’s Canadian immigration legal service offerings and client base; and
- Cross-sell other firm service lines, including tax, corporate, wills/estates, and accounting.
*Please provide a cover letter and detailed resume to email@example.com.
Subscribe to Moodys Private Client Career Opportunities
If you would like to be notified about our current opportunities in the future, subscribe below.