Areas of Expertise
- Estate Planning
- Personal Tax Planning
- Succession Planning
Ray HupferLLB, CPA, CA
“Immigrant families have integrated themselves into our communities, establishing deep roots. Whenever they have settled, they have made lasting contributions to the economic vitality and diversity of our communities and our nation. Our economy depends on these hard-working, taxpaying workers.” - Senator Edward M. Kennedy
Ray embraces a holistic approach when advising on various tax matters, including personal and corporate tax planning, estate planning and succession planning. He brings more than three decades worth of legal and accounting experience to the Moodys Tax team. While remaining focused on the ‘hard’ issues of the financial facts and figures, Ray makes sure to consider the ‘soft’ issues, primarily the emotional attachments clients make with their financial worth and legacy. Over the years, he has learned that asking ‘Does it feel right?’ is sometimes just as important as reviewing the numbers. While providing his holistic approach, Ray likes to look at everything from “30,000 feet” to ensure his clients feel positive, safe and secure about their financial decisions. When Ray is not looking at the big picture from high above, he can be found ground level, hiking, cycling, stand-up paddleboarding and cross-country skiing.
- University of Alberta, LLB
- Chartered Accountant Designation
- University of Alberta, B. Comm.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Former Member, Edmonton Chamber of Commerce Finance and Taxation Committee
- BV Distinguished peer review rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized in the area of Tax Law, Best Lawyers® in Canada
- Numerous papers for the Canadian Tax Foundation and the Society of Tax and Estate Planners of Canada