We will discuss topics including:
- What you need to know both from a tax and immigration perspective.
- What if you have a Canadian based business or holding company?
- How can you ensure the CRA respects your departure?
- When can you stop paying Canadian income tax?
- What happens if you want to return to Canada someday?
And we will debunk some of the myths about what does and doesn’t make you a Canadian resident, including:
- Can my family still live in Canada?
- Can I keep my house in Canada?
- Does departing Canada mean I can’t come back to visit?
- Can I keep your Canadian citizenship?
- Do I need to pay departure tax if I leave Canada?
- What happens to my RRSP, or other pensions?