The rapidly growing team at Moodys Private Client LLP seeks to add a Junior Accountant to its accounting team in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Moodys Private Client Accounting is part of Moodys Private Client and is home to a group of Canadian Chartered Professional Accountants and US Certified Public Accountants. Moodys Private Client is a firm that provides accounting and tax services to clients in Canada and abroad ranging in size from small owner-manager enterprises to large, privately held organizations, as well as individuals, trusts and partnerships. The candidate will work with a team of accountants and tax professionals. A confident individual who demonstrates initiative and motivation toward continuous improvement of self and firm processes and who operates with a sense of urgency is recommended for this position.
The Ideal Candidate
- Enrolled or working towards enrollment in the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP).
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Caseware/Caseview, Keystone, TaxPrep, and Quickbooks (QBO) is an asset.
- Able to communicate well with clients both verbally and in writing.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite and ability to grasp new technology tools.
- Ability to execute deliverables in a deadline-driven environment.
- Results-oriented with a sense of urgency. Quick learner, self-starter and exudes a “can do” attitude.
- Passion to learn and grow and be an integral part of a high-performing team.
- Develop technical skills in compilations, reviews, bookkeeping and tax.
- Assist in planning, execution and completion of a wide range of review and compilation engagements, both independently and as part of a team.
- Prepare personal, corporate, and trust tax returns.
- Collaborate with the management team on file planning and completion within time constraints.
- Provide personal, attentive service to clients to encourage productive working relationships.
- Preparation and review of financial statements and related note disclosure.
Compensation, including health insurance and other benefits, holiday, and vacation time, is competitive. This position offers the opportunity to work with a team of professionals whose expertise in accounting and tax issues for owner-managed businesses, individuals, trusts and partnerships is second to none. Make an impact, see the positive results of your actions, and play an integral role in the firm’s success through your efforts.
Subscribe to Moodys Private Client Career Opportunities
If you would like to be notified about our current opportunities in the future, subscribe below.