The rapidly growing team at Moodys Private Client LLP seeks to add a Manager/Senior Manager to its accounting team in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Moodys Private Client is a firm that provides accounting and tax services to clients in Canada and abroad ranging in size from small owner-manager enterprises to large, privately held organizations, as well as individuals, trusts and partnerships. The candidate will work with a team of accountants and tax professionals. A confident individual who demonstrates initiative and motivation toward continuous improvement of self and firm processes, who operates with a sense of urgency, and who is looking to add value to their clients in a meaningful way is recommended for this position.
• Lead and manage client-facing engagement teams to complete compilation, review and compliance tax engagements.
• Deliver expertise in assurance engagements through client interactions, technical work, and high-quality deliverables to clients.
• Manage a portfolio of clients working alongside the engagement partner and tax team to understand their business and ways to deliver added value (through financial reporting, tax and business advisory), while ensuring clients’ needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop.
• Accountable for engagement planning with junior and senior staff members and scheduling as well as project profitability reports (i.e., budgets, WIP, timely billing).
• Maintain quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to the client’s business, financial entries and reports.
• Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing 360 feedback and conducting performance reviews.
Skills And Experience
• CPA designation.
• 5 to 7 years of relevant public accounting experience.
• Strong understanding of CSRS 4200 (Compilation engagements), Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (“ASPE”) and CSRE 2400 (Review engagements).
• Strong understanding of Canadian taxation concepts for corporations and individuals resident in Canada.
• Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Results-oriented with a sense of urgency. Quick learner, self-starter and exudes a “can do” attitude.
• Passion to learn and grow, and be an integral part of a high-performing team.
Compensation, including health insurance and other benefits, holiday, and vacation time, is competitive. This position offers the opportunity to work with a team of professionals whose expertise in accounting and tax issues for owner-managed businesses, individuals, trusts and partnerships is second to none. Make an impact, see the positive results of your actions, and play an integral role in the firm’s success through your efforts.
Interested candidates should send a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about the firm is available at moodysprivateclient.com