Areas of Expertise
- Estate planning
- Personal tax planning
- Succession planning
- Wills and trusts
- Fiduciary litigation & resolution
Nancy L. GoldingQC, TEP, ACIArb
Director, Trust & Estate Law | Barrister & Solicitor
Moodys Private Client Law
Everyone deserves a little grace.
Nancy’s goal in life is simple: she wants to help people plan for their future or navigate through estate litigation. She began her career in social work, where she helped people cope with challenges in every stage of their lives. Nancy soon brought those valuable skills to the field of trust and estate law.
With nearly four decades of experience, Nancy has established herself as a leader in her field, representing individual and corporate clients on a wide variety of issues pertaining to estate and trusts. Nancy is a strong advocate for her clients and goes above and beyond to provide practical solutions for both the present and the future.
Nancy is proud of her 20+ year involvement with STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) and was elected as Worldwide Chair in January 2021. She also holds an associate membership with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) and is one of the few Canadian legal professionals with a fellowship to ACTEC (American College of Trust and Estate Counsel).
Nancy is a former president of the Calgary Humane Society and has a particular fondness for Dobermann Pinschers. When she’s not walking her dogs, she can usually be found tending to her garden.
- Bar Admission – Alberta, 1984
- STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners), Advanced Certificate in Mediation, Trusts and Estates, 2013
- University of Calgary, Certificate of Conflict Management, 1997
- University of Alberta, LLB, 1983
- University of Calgary, BSW, 1980
- Member – Law Society of Alberta
- Member – Canadian Bar Association
- TEP – STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)
- Associate member – Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow – ACTEC (American College of Trust and Estate Counsel)
- Recognized in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada® - Lawyer of the Year (Trusts and Estates)
- Recognized in the 2021 (and since 2006) edition of Best Lawyers in Canada® (Trusts and Estates)
- Recognized in the 2021, 2019 (and since 2013) edition of Canadian Legal Lexpert®
- Directory (Estate & Personal Tax Planning)
- Recognized in the 2020 edition of Chambers High Net Worth (Private Wealth Disputes)
- Ranked in Chambers Canada Private Client since 2016
- Lawyer of the Year 2017, Calgary, Canada Trusts and Estates, The Best Lawyers in Canada®
- Recognized in the 2017 edition of Chambers High Net Worth (Private Wealth Law)
- Martindale-Hubbell® BV® Distinguished™ 4.4 out of 5 Peer Review Rated
- Volunteer of the Year Award, STEP Canada, 2012
- STEP Worldwide Founder’s Award 2011